About Prof Lo
Prof Lo was among the first orthopaedic surgeons in Singapore to undergo formal training in joint replacement surgery. He completed a fellowship with world-renowned Professor Ramon Gustilo in 1992.
Under Prof Lo’s leadership, SGH has become a leading centre for hip and knee replacement surgery and research in the Asia-Pacific region.
Prof Lo strives for excellent patient outcomes via his specialisation in minimally invasive surgery, effective postoperative pain management protocols, and accelerated rehabilitation programs. Over the years, he has built up a large and reputable practice for consistently delivering excellent outcomes at reasonable costs.
Over 25 years of experience managing degenerative hip and knee conditions
~450 joint reconstruction surgeries annually
10 years as Head of SGH Adult Reconstruction Service
One of the first to use minimally invasive partial knee replacements in Asia
More about Prof Lo
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS NUS), 1983
- Masters in Medicine (MMed) from NUS, 1988
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeon of Edinburgh (FRCS Edinburgh), 1988
- Fellowship adult reconstruction surgery with Professor Ramon Gustilo in 1992, at Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, USA
- SGH CEO’s Service Quality award in 2004, for outstanding contributions to patient care
Pingat Bakti Setia 2013 National Day awards, for 25 years of outstanding public service
Heart of Good Award in 2019, in acknowledgement on patient’s positive feedback
- Organising Chairman of the 2nd Asian Computer Aided Orthopaedic Surgery Congress
- Invited speaker at numerous prestigious international conferences, such as World Arthroplasty Congress in Rome, Harvard Hip and Knee Course, and National Congress of Arthroplasty of China
- Faculty member of the ASEAN Arthroplasty Association and the Asia-Pacific Arthroplasty Association.
- Regularly invited to conduct courses and masterclasses in Hip and Knee replacement surgery around the Asia Pacific region
- Honorary visiting consultant to Ningxia Medical College and Liaocheng People’s Hospital in Shandong, China
- International Advisory Board member of the Pakistan Arthroplasty Society